Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trade Post All The Way From The Backstop + 2 Break Pimps

     Hello all. Today I have a trade post from a deal with Marcus, a Padres fan with a great spot in Blogoland called  All The Way To The Backstop.  (Group Break pimps to follow) I forget how I stumbled into his blog, probably a link from somebody else's spot, but i instantly was impressed with his posts so I had to "follow" along. He posted up about wanting to clean out some cards in exchange for some Padres so I hopped on my usual Mets and Yankees. He promised a mix from the "over production" era (I don't like the term junk wax either) and he surely delivered.

   Four nice stacks, two Mets and two Yanks, arrived in the mailbox today and the variety was great.


    Some Classic Mets, the range of players from superstars to one season stopovers make for a great mix for the team collection.


      A bunch of Yankees from 20 to 30 years ago look good. Some Bernie's, Donnie Baseball's, a Yogi, the Babe, and who doesn't love the Oscar Gamble afro from 1980.


      Add in a bunch from 2012 to round out the mix and we have a great package from a die hard Padres fan. I have no Padre trading partners so All The Way To The Backstop is my new destination for Friars cards. Thanks a bunch Marcus, I have a pile of Padres heading your way shortly.

    In other happenings around Blogoland, I am in and want to promote 2 group breaks. First one is over at Once A Cub where he is busting out not 1, not 2, but 3 boxes of Topps Series 2. Head on over and grab some teams at a good price. Group Break #2 is over at Cardboard Conundrum where Matt is dubbing it the "Best of 2012 Topps so far". In this break he has one hobby box each of 2012 Gypsy Queen, Archives, Heritage, and Jumbo boxes of Topps Series 1 and 2 (one of each). That's a bunch of boxes and there is more, if all 30 teams go he will add another Gypsy Queen box. That means at least 13 hits and maybe 17 but there is even more. Matt has guaranteed each team a hit, that's right every team gets a hit so if your team doesn't pull one he will add one from his collection. But wait, there is even more on the table. Everybody who takes a team and pimps the break gets an entry into a drawing for a Reggie Jackson bat card, yes I said a Reggie Jackson bat card. Holy crap that's a lot of stuff!

 Go check them out and jump on in both and tell them I sent you.

That's a wrap for me for now.
Keep rocking your cardboard dreams people!

Let's Go Mets!


Thanks For Reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers